I got this from my totally awesome friend, Abby! And I thought it fun and appropriate for the Valentine Holiday!!
1.) Where did you meet? Technically, at my sister Ann's house, but I didn't remember that until I'd gone to Montana and met Mckay. He'd mentioned meeting me there one time and it all came back to me (he'd been there with Lane helping my bro-in-law, Brian) But, that was like an in and out kind of thing so when I first really laid my eyes on him he was getting greased up working at good ol' R and S Automotive with Brian. As I recall, he even bumped his head on the hood of the car he was working on. he he he
2.) Where was your first date? We doubled with his roommate Aaron and his girl, Lindsey. Ate at Winger's, played pool at Cajun Bobs (i think that was the name of the place), where I'm pretty sure he cheated. We then headed to Edwards but just missed the last movie playing so we all headed over to the new super Walmart and played in the shopping carts. now, if I could only get him to hang out at walmart with me now.
3.) When was is that you knew you were falling in love? Honestly, just after I shut the front door after that first date I thought, "if I keep dating this guy, I'm going to marry him"
4.) Who kissed who first? I tried putting off that first kiss for a while. I knew he wanted to quite a few times. So when it did happen it was equally both of us.
5.) What are a few things that you adore about your significant other? Lots of things! One of the first things that attracted me to him was how laid back he is. I'm a stress ball, and he is a very grounded person with an amazing perception of how the world really is. I love his ability to play with the kids, and for how long he can last. Not even with just our kids, but our nephews and nieces as well. He's a favorite. He is quite a funny person. He's a hard worker, and has a strong desire to serve. He'll be the first to sign up to help someone move, or if he sees someone needing help he's quick to lend a hand. I really admire his ability to get up everyday and go to work. Seriously, there is so much that he hates about his job...traveling and its side effects, the FAA, and even some of his alcoholic coworkers, but he sees it through. Most of all, I love how he loves me. How he's always loved me, even when I do stupid things or make stupid mistakes.
6.) How long have you been together? Married for 5 years and 13 days and together almost 6 years ago.
7.) Do you have nicknames for each other or a special song? More often when we were first married, he was "punkin" and I'm "baby cakes". When we were dating he'd always start singing "you spin me right round" (totally fitting), which for this post I have playing. so turn up your volume!
8.) What is your favorite thing to do together? An appropriate answer would be that when Lane's out of town we get on Skype, so we can see each other and chat. They also have a ton of games we can play together, like backgammon, battleship, or bowling. Last night we were trying to play hangman but it wasn't workin. We usually just like all things fun.
9.) What is something you look forward to doing with this person? Living a celestial life, free from all our earthly and mortal fears, pains, and setbacks.
10.) What is one thing that only they can do for you? He is my comfort and my sanity. When Lane's out of town I feel parts of myself crumbling. He holds me together.
Now, if you read this post, consider yourself tagged! And of course, have a great Valentine's Day!!
Beyond Grateful to Kick Off Our Summer
6 years ago

3 comments:
Those were all cute answeres. You two are such a fun couple and I feel so blessed to be such great friends that we can all just hang out and have fun...no matter what it is that we are doing! Happy Valentines Day!!
what a fun tag!! Lane sure is a fun person to be around but I am sure you are too!!
Cute post, it was fun to read. I think that is cute about singing "you spin me right round."
Post a Comment