Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sorry, just can't think of a good title :)

So today it has been one month since Lane's accident. I was realizing that I haven't been keeping y'all up with what's been happening. He's been going to physical therapy 3 times a week- we joke because one of his first exercises was to squeeze his butt cheeks. He went back to work last week and worked two hours a day, and will gradually increase how long he goes each day. Totally doesn't sound like much, but he can't sit for longer than twenty minutes and he's not suppose to lift more than 5 pounds. I'd say he's doing pretty good. It's been nice having him home, I feel like this has been one long weekend. Now if only we could be out doing lots of fun things. I haven't watched this many movies.....ever!!
Oh, and I'm so very very excited because Aige was on a waiting list for a t-ball team, and last week they called and said they had a spot for him!! Yippee!!

6 comments:

Michelle Hepworth said...

Wow he is lucky! Do you think he will get back on someday? My dad was on his Harley last summer and coming home from Logan through the canyon and hit a deer going 70. He and the bike slid different directions. He was sliding on his back and shoulder and rolled more to his back cause it was jacking up his shoulder. He came out of that with a ruined shirt and boots and nasty road rash on his left arm to his back. He got up and rode this bike home which soon got totaled after that. His dad (my grandpa) would freak if he knew the real story so my dad told him that he fell off a pivot while working on it. Oh yeah and he broke a rib. But very lucky! So now he calls his Harley "Pivot". I am glad he is ok!

Summer said...

I'm glad the recovery is coming along. We all hope you keep healing quickly, Lane! Liz you are so brave and optimistic...I am super impressed.

Swensen Family said...

I am excited to see more of you guys too, now that Mckay will be around more! That sounds so fun about the t-ball thing...Aige will love it. Wonder if there is more room...let us know when games are and we might have to take a peek! Glad Lane is on the mend, but these back accidents sure take some time to heal. Hang in there!

Romney Family said...

Glad to hear that he is doing better!! Yeah for T-ball HOw exciting for Aige!!

Linford Family said...

It's good to hear about Lane-we are glad you all are doing well. oooh, t-ball should be fun! All I remember about my t-ball experience was sitting in the car not wanting to go play and my friend had to come and convince me...:)

The Little's said...

Glad for the update...good luck with the cheek-squeezes!