Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lucky You! I mean Me!

So the past couple days we've been at a company retreat at Tamarack Resort (about 20 minutes from McCall, a couple hours or so from where we live). We went up Friday night and came home early this morning. But I'm not going to bore you all with the details. Because the really fun thing was the raffle drawing they did. I won an alarm clock/stereo station for my ipod (I actually have been thinking of buying another one lately). Then they did another drawing for some really "big" items, like they gave away 3 night vision goggles (I think these cost them at least $4000 a piece!). So anyways, I'm sure buy now you are all guessing that Lane's name was drawn for the grand prize. I had to restrain the tears because it is 2 First Class Business Elite tickets for anywhere in North America (not just U.S. - Canada, Mexico, Virgin Islands, San Juan, Alaska,...not Hawaii-but I don't care about Hawaii, I've been there and so has Lane) Who wouldn't be crying right? Poor Evelyn was sitting on my lap when they read Lane's name and I threw her right into the air - not letting go, of course- probably suprised the heck out of her. Have any of you ever flown first class? So if you guys could go anywhere in North America, where would you go? I kind of want to leave the country. Guess we can save Lane's sky miles for another fun trip.

8 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

CONGRATS!! That is great. I would go somewhere warm in the winter...

Linford Family said...

Wow that is SO neat! What a win! I agree-somewhere warm in the winter would be nice. But I think Alaska would be fun too.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

How exciting! That is a GREAT prize to win! So can you go anywhere in the carribbean? We went to the virgin islands and it was so cool. I think, if you can, I would go somewhere in the caribbean.

Romney Family said...

that is so awesome!!! I would have a hard time deciding where to go but I am sure you guys will come up with were you want to go!! How fun!!!

Abby Stimpson said...

Yay Liz I cannot think of a more deserving person :) How fun you will have to besure to post pictures and brag about where you two go! Thanks for the prego comment I don't feel very cute these days :(

The Little's said...

I agree with everyone else....islands are the way to go. Do you have a sitter? Really...that'll be a nice little extra honeymoon!

adorable pearsons said...

I seriously never win stuff! Let alone plane tickets- you guys are lucky! I know where I would fly- Billings Montana to visit your friends :). Okay so if that didn't float your boat I would go to Edmonton and stay at the HUGE mall in Cananda!

Summer said...

That is the luckiest! I think you guys deserve a trip for sure. Good luck deciding...I'd probably go to NYC since it's on my list. But any island sounds really appealing right now! Have fun!!!