Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shhh....Don't Tell Lane

Saturday, Katie and I went looking for some scrapbook paper for our next craft group project and I wanted to buy some fabric to make some drapes. Well, I didn't have any luck finding what I first thought I wanted, but I did get some cute paper and changed the colors I'd planned on using. When we got back, Lane started talking about wanting to paint one of the walls in the living room a red or orange color. I was pretty surprised that he suddenly had an opinion, and almost just as annoyed that he waited until I could have come home with fabric to finally say it. At least the paper I'd picked out for my project and my new color scheme seemed to be what he was wanting too, which has more color to. (I'll post that craft when it's done, hopefully, by Friday) After Lane gave his "sudden opinion (which he's been thinking about for a couple of weeks!!!-honestly, why hasn't he said anything as I've been literally driving myself mad trying to find fabric for curtains that would not have gone with the new stuff) OK, so enough ranting, as I really am happy to finally get some input from him. I decided that I would paint this wall while he is in Alaska this week. He doesn't know, although, I'm not sure how surprised he's going to be when he gets home and sees that its done. At least he'll be happy about, I hope. I've discovered two things doing this. First, which I was beginning to realize when I bought our wall regular wall paint, I hate going into the store to pick out the color, too many options, it's a little frightening, since I'm such a perfectionist and worry if and how it will look when it's on the wall, and there's no returns. Ah, I've been freaking out the whole time if it's the perfect color. It's pretty, but will Lane LOVE it? The second thing, I really enjoy having this type of project. There's some instant gratification that comes from seeing the immediate results that you don't really get from something like mopping the floor. So, if any of you (or more like your husbands~hm, hm, Mckay) talk to Lane while he's out of town, DON'T TELL HIM ABOUT THE WALL! I've got Aige under strict orders to also not say anything about it. Well, here's the pic. I'll be doing the second coat during Evelyn's nap time today. And the picture doesn't really make the wall look like it is the color that it really is. It is more rusty than true fire engine red.

I want to put some typ of faux finish on it, but I have to learn how to do it first. I figure I've done good to get it this far.

10 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

I love your wall, I think it looks great...I'm sure Lane will love it...great job Liz!!

Linford Family said...

Wow! You are impressive-have I said that before? Well, it's true. Your house is going to be SO cute!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

The wall looks great! Painting makes such a difference in a house! Way to go! I can understand about not liking to have to pick out the paint color. I would definitely have a hard time too for the same reasons. But, it looks so cute.

Kimberly said...

I like it, Liz! Are you going to craft group tomorrow night?

Abby Stimpson said...

You are so talented :) how fun when we move to Boise and buy our house you are going to have to come have a paint party with me. It'll be GREAT! Lane will love it. He is so lucky to have such a foxy wife that tries so hard to make their house a home!

Swensen Family said...

You sure do keep yourself busy while Lane is out of town. I think that color will add such a "Pop" to your room. By the way...I'll let Mckay in on the big secret!!

The Little's said...

I LOVE it! The fall color palate is my favorite (check out my blog and you'll be able to tell...)! Anyways...I won't tell Lane! Great job, tho!

Panda said...

can't wait to hear lane's reaction...what a fun surprise!

adorable pearsons said...

looks great! I am sure he will love it! How fun to be painting :) so jealous!

Renae said...

I LOVE it! I really want to paint something. A picture may be the only thing Josh will agree to right now!