Monday, September 29, 2008

I Am Like A Star Shining Brightly

Lane and I have now been in the Primary for, uh...a month, I think. (We team teach the CTR 6, so the 5 year olds turning 6). I thought it'd be fun to be in there to watch Aige. I use to love spying on him when he was in nursery and they'd go into the primary room for singing time. I've also been a little nervous if he'd become super naughty sunbeam with mom and dad sitting just two rows behind him, (I think Lane and I have both given him the "you sit down right now, mister" look). But Sunday I didn't expect to watch him be one of the most reverent of the sunbeams, or, see him stand at the front of the primary room with all of the other sunbeams and sing "I am like a star shining brightly" for the rest of us. I think my tear ducts are too closely wired to my emotions. When Aige first entered primary I thought, "OK, got to start preparing myself for Mother's Day and all the other times when the kids go up on the stand to sing to us", (thank goodness we weren't in our ward that day). Sometimes I really hate it that I cry so easily, but I guess I lost all emotional control when I got pregnant. Aige is such a sweet little boy. It seems like lately it has been really difficult to deal with the tantrums and the stubbornness. So I'm glad that I get to go back to primary and witness the beauty of these precious little children, especially the one that I get to call my son, and see the star that he really is.

3 comments:

Swensen Family said...

Aige is such a good little boy!! It seems like we all have some days that go like clockwork and other days that nothing seems to go right. On those good days it is nice to see just how precious our children really are. You are up late :). See you today sometime!

The Idaho Olsens said...

What a sweet little boy...I cry or get close to crying everytime Kylee gives a talk or sings in primary...I know what you mean it is nice to see them when they are so sweet and reverent...those times make up for all the tantrums and fits...sorry we forgot to come by on Saturday and pick up our shovel...

Romney Family said...

I love when you can seem them act so sweet in primary!! It makes being a mother worth it even when we have to deal with their bad attitudes sometime. He sure is a handsome boy!!