Monday, June 22, 2009

Typical

Today, Lane is off to Wisconsin - oh, on a side note, Lane's doing pretty good. No more meds, he flushed them down a toilet on our way to Rexburg a few weeks ago. And he's hoping that he can get his doctor to write him a prescription for a hot tub. They should pay 80%. Unfortunately, he won't be able to water ski this year since it takes at least 6 months to completely heal. And flying is pretty miserable for him. But, at least we've past the half way mark and he finally got the doors back on my cabinets - yeah, remember that project we started right before his accident? Anyways, enough of my rambling and back to my story.
Lane left today and I was feeling the need to leave the house and get the day moving faster. So the kids and I go to the library. Yay, we play and we have fun. Till we get to the car and I can't find my keys. I dig through my bag, I press my face against the windows hoping to see them, and I walk the block back to the library (horrible parking) and look there and ask every person sitting at a desk. So I head back to the car and call Lane, grateful he wasn't suppose to leave for another hour. He's coming to get me and in talking we realize that I took his set of keys for my car. He didn't have any key to my car. Where are mine (Liz's), he asks? I still don't know. Of course, he had to scold me, because the keys to his truck were on that ring and it's the only key, and how much it would cost to change the ignition. Blah, you think I care about that, well I do, but more importantly, I'm stuck out in the sun with two kids! I then start looking through my bag again and there they were, in a pocket that I had checked! I know there is someone somewhere who plays little jokes on me. I cancel Lane, then I realize, since these aren't the regular keys, they don't have a house key. And I call Lane, again, and he reminds me that we have one hidden. So I go home, find the key, and then we head back out as we were going to get a free lunch in the park. After the fun stuff there, we get back in the car (which I left unlocked, for fear of another prank) I picked up the key to make sure I still had it. And we come home. Where did that key go? I didn't see it back where I had originally put it, so I did the look all over for a key again. I was beginning to plot which window I was going to break to get into my house, when I found it sitting in the same slot I'd put it in, only on the other side. That's my life. I regularly misplace my keys. And since I regularly misplace them they are usually in the the same spots. That felt like the longest run-on sentence I've ever written. And now, I need to go find my keys, since we're meeting another temporarily husbandless friend at the park for dinner.

3 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

thanks for stopping by chad

Kimberly said...

Oh, you poor girl. :) Next time I see you I'll have to tell you all the ridiculous things I did when Ethan was out of town last week. Maybe it will make you feel better!

The Little's said...

Yay! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I have had several keys made for everything we own because I misplace a set almost weekly! Sigh...glad you found 'em! Could you come find mine???