So Lane is back to traveling again. But...a lot more than he used to. He'll be gone every week for a while - only home on the weekends. Hopefully this won't last too long. Right now he's in Texas and next week he'll be in Arizona (I think). I really can't remember what I've said about what he does, so for those of you who don't know. He installs night vision equipment on helicopters, so he goes all over the country. But the last 6 months or so he hasn't been doing any installs because the company he works for is "working out" issues with the FAA over paperwork. In case (though unlikely) that someone from the FAA would read this, I will refrain from giving my opinion about the FAA. The company is getting back to work but has 6 months worth of customers waiting to get this equipment on their aircraft. Even though this has been a HUGE deal for this company, I'm impressed with how they have come through it. I don't know how many small businesses could go for this long without having their main source of income and still keep their employees and their company afloat.
But on to funner things...Evelyn started walking today!! She's taken at least 6-8 steps all by herself!! She's getting so excited that she's doing it. It's funny how different kids are. Aige was walking at 9 1/2 months. Evelyn has been doing it all a little slower, and that is sooooo OK with me. But I'm excited that she'll be walking just in time for warm weather and the parks and she'll be able to run after Aige. I think he'll like it just as much. They are such good little friends, but Oh they sure can drive me crazy some days. Evelyn is a little teaser and since Aige is bigger than her he will hold her foot or leg or somehow prevent her from moving where she wants. So I hear them whining and complaining too much for my ears. I do absolutely love to see and hear them laughing and playing together. A child's laughter is something in itself. But to hear it mixed with the laughter of their sibling is priceless. I'm so glad for those two little kids to keep me going when Lane is gone.
Beyond Grateful to Kick Off Our Summer
6 years ago

9 comments:
Reading something like what you wrote about your two kids playing together and how wonderful it is-even though its hard-makes me excited for my second. Thanks!
I bet it's hard when Lane is gone all week. Hang in there! Evelyn is getting big, Kason started walking not too long ago as well. She's a cutie!
Yeah for Evelyn! We will have to do something fun this weekend...it has been a while. I am looking forward to the Taste of Home Show on Thursday, and I finally got a sitter. See ya soon!
Way to be supportive even though you have weeks alone...that is so great of you. Too bad we don't live closer! It would be so fun for Maci to see Aige!
You are a trooper. I think having your husband gone is one of the most exhausting tasks! Good luck and I sure wish we were closer to help! As far as two kids go- I LOVE it, I absolutely LOVE. I was so scared to have two kids and now I just laugh at myself. It is so wonderful and actually slightly easier than one! Go TWO!
Well~that really stinks that Lane has to travel so much. It sure is hard when the husbands are gone!! But thankgoodness for the little ones who keep us busy and entertained. Your kids sure are cute and growing up fast!!
I think it's best when your oldest is the one to walk earlier, because I know for me I was sooo eager to have my first do everything. I'm much more content to let the rest of them take their time. :)
Liz
Holy Cow! I am glad you found me too! Your blog is soo cute! I need to learn how to do that. I am so uncrafty I can't do anything! Sounds like you are doing good. I see your mom all the time it seems like. And Cindy - we can't go a week without talking to each other! She is funny! Well I am glad to hear from you! Michelle
Wow, Liz, you're popular! I love your new wallpaper! I'm sorry Lane is so stinky and has to be gone:( We wish we lived closer and could do more "family" things. Sigh... Hooray for Eveyln! Your kids are SOOO stinkin' cute! I'm glad we're related so I can tell everyone they're related to ME! We love you guys!
Post a Comment