My sweet little Evelyn turned 1 year old yesterday!! Her first year has gone by so quickly. I wish all of you could spend time with her because she is so fun to be with. I can honestly say that I've loved every minute of her babyness (even the beginning being up every few hours) and now as she is changing into a cute little toddler. She has Lane's easy going nature and just enough of my sassyness. We just love this little girl. I'll post pictures later since I'm on the wrong computer for pictures. But for now, a walk down my memory lane, sparing some detail. But you all should know that Lane was in New York when Evelyn was born. I told him that being on a trip the week before I was due was probably a bad idea. But, oh well, sometimes I think it's probably a good thing he didn't see how hard this was for me (I think it would have made him feel pretty rotten). But thankfully my mom came 8 hours before Evelyn was born and thankfully I had a great visiting teaching companion who came at 3:30 in the am to stay with Aige and then take care of him that day. And thankfully I made it to the hospital. No joke. It was barely after 4 when we got to the hospital and Evelyn was born at 4:21. To clarify, 20 minutes later. So, thankfully we made it to the hospital. And I guess I'm thankful that I was only in labor for maybe an hour an a half. And that she wasn't any bigger (7 lbs) And that there just happened to be a midwife sitting at the nurse's station who came in and delivered Evelyn. What I was most thankful for? That it didn't last a second longer than it did. I couldn't have any meds because we were too close to delivery. So I felt EVERYTHING. And I never want to feel it again. I didn't handle it too well. But, in reality, I barely woke up and bam, had a baby. Who's brain can handle that? Oh, and to answer your question, didn't I have contractions? Not in the sense of a birthing class lesson. Breath....contraction....breath. Nope. I started having constant pain in my back, it felt nothing like it did with Aige. It was the last stage of labor, it was hard. Oh, I am thankful that Lane's boss flew to New York to take his place so Lane could get back to us as soon as he could. I guess I should change my answer. What am I most thankful for? That my sweet little girl came healthy. She is beautiful and wonderful and I love her.
Beyond Grateful to Kick Off Our Summer
6 years ago

6 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet little Evelyn. Sounds like you came to this world with a bang! You wouldn't know by your sweet little personality today! I still can't believe that you are 1 already!!
Happy Birthday Evelyn!!
Because you can read and Evelyn cannot...Happy Birthing day Liz! And a happy first to the sweet little angel that I need to kid nap again REAL soon! What an experience you had delivering her! How come I have never heard this? Maybe because I never asked. So sorry for being a cruddy neighbor/friend/visiting teacher. Wow, I have a lot of roles in your life and I am not fulfilling any of them! No longer...that is all I have to say about that!
Happy little birthday sweet Evelyn! We wish we lived closer so we could spend some time with her. I am still in awe of your birthing story....in fact I was just telling chad it last night and I hadn't even read your post yet.....so amazing! Good job LIZ
Wow, that came so quickly! How exciting. :)
Sounds like one heck of a delivery. What was your first like? I went to quick for an epideral with Mac, so I am really nervous for this go around. Hope her birthday was great, the first always seems to be the biggest event.
Post a Comment