Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Big Yard? Or New House?

It seems like as Lane and I have been looking at houses we have two options. We could buy a new house with what looks and feels like 10 feet of a backyard (OK, probably closer to 20 feet), or we could buy a smaller, older, but still OK house with a MASSIVE backyard. Call me crazy, but I keep leaning toward getting a bigger backyard. I almsost don't care what the house looks like anymore. I really want to have a garden and enough room for a swing set and slide, and then also a swimming pool that we got (for free!) last fall - one that is like 10x4 foot (partly why the yard has to be bigger than 10 feet). What do you guys think? Big yard? Or new house? Oh, and keep in mind that Aige LOVES to be outside, rain, snow, sunshine, he'd live outside if we let him.

10 comments:

The Jensen's said...

I have to say that is a hard decision. I like new, but I also like my acre of land. You could move back up to the Idaho Falls area and buy new and land! Just kidding, Boise is a nice area. Good luck.

The Harwood Family said...

Hard to say. I want more land someday so we can have a whole bunch of animals...i think that would be fun. There are houses that aren't brand new, but newer that have decent sized backyards. I'm sure you'll find your "dream" house soon!

Renae said...

BIG YARD! You can always remodel later. How exciting!

Romney Family said...

I am all for the yard and the garden and pool. You need a place so your kids can run around!!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Super hard question. I totally dream of the day that I have a yard big enough to have my dream garden, all fruit trees in the world and still room to play badmitton, catch, and swing on the swingset. But I am definitely not in the mood to revamp a house these days. Oh why don't reasonably priced dream homes exist?

adorable pearsons said...

Lane,
I have a job interview in Boise with CBH Homes. I just have to set a date when I can make it down there. If we move down there I will build you a house, pick and big empty lot, and choose the house you want on it.
Chad

Swensen Family said...

That is a hard dilemma! I am sure shopping for homes is exciting and stressful at the same time. Glad to have friends who try it out first so we can learn from their experiences! We hope the best for you guys.

Linford Family said...

At this point in my life I dream of a yard-so I am very partial to the big yard. Nice houses are very pleasant to have too, but remodeling later is a good thing to keep in mind.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

That is a hard decision! But, I like the big yard and since Aige likes to go outside all the time a big yard would be helpful. And since the house is still pretty good, you could always do a little work on it.

Summer said...

A house can always be improved (that's the fun of it), but you can't usually move your yard boundaries. My votes for the yard. Hope you guys find a huge one so we can come camp in it for vacation. (: