Monday, May 12, 2008

Rumor has it.....

I'm sure you've all wondered what we decided to do about the whole house issue...well, we decided to put an offer on the small house with the big yard. They counter offered and we let it expire because we went to look at a different house. Last weekend we really didn't know what we were going to do, but went back to the big yard house. It turned out that the owners had felt really bad to have lost us (their realtor called ours over the weekend to see if they could re-counter, and also told him that they should have accepted our offer). This was great for us, because our second offer was less than the first and they accepted it!! (Realtor thinks they didn't want to chance losing us again - yeah for a buyer's market!!) We close on June 5!! What's really great is that this house is maybe 2-3 miles from where we live now, instead of 15-20 miles!! And it has a peach tree and an apricot tree and a grape vine! Aige wants to grow pumpkins in the garden. I get more and more excited when I think about all the fun things to do in a backyard!!

9 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

So where's the house?

Swensen Family said...

We are excited for you guys and look forward to sharing some good times in that BIG yard!! I just know Payton would be the happiest little boy if he could only play outdoors all day! Oh the fun things to look forward to.

The Little's said...

Yay! Buying a house is so fun...get out the paint swatches, for sure! Congrats!

Panda said...

congrats!! can't wait to see pics!

adorable pearsons said...

congrats! That is so exciting! As soon as you can post pics

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Congratulations, that is exciting and will be so nice!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

How exciting. All that fruit and space, what a dream. Being outside in your own space really is such a great thing. Can't wait to see pictures, especially of all the fun you have using the yard.

Romney Family said...

Congrats!!! how exciting for you guys!! I cannot wait to have my own backyard!

Kimberly said...

Yay Liz! Oh man, I'm jealous. :) Actually I am SO happy for you guys. It sounds wonderful. And I'm really happy you're not moving too far away!