So this past weekend we went back to Rexburg (seems like we have been going every other weekend). But, we had to because if we didn't, I'd be the only one of my siblings not home. That's right, all 7 of us plus 4 spouses, 21 grandkids, and of course, Mom and Dad. There were only two not there, my oldest nephew because he's in the army, and my sister-in-law because she's on bed rest, pregnant with twins due in just a few weeks. It's always so fun to get together with all my brothers and sisters. The last time was when Lane and I got married over 4 years ago. I'm the second to the youngest and there is 6 years between the older 5 and me and Debra. I wish we could have stayed the rest of the week with everyone else, but, so goes life. It was still a fun weekend.
Aige with my brother's kids (who live in Mississippi), Derek and Sara.
Evelyn and my dad. I love my dad, he has such a tender heart. I can only imagine the emotion he, and my mom, were feeling to have us all together, even for only a few hours.
...With Aunt Debi ...isn't she gorgeous?!!!
Evelyn and Sara, who is only 9 months older, and Jenny, my sister-in-law.
Aige and Dillan, who lives in Utah and is 10 months younger than Aige. I have a brother in Mississippi, another in Utah and they are the only ones with kids within a year of Aige and Evelyn. So it was a new experience for them to be at Grandma's house with kids around the same age. Oh, and yes, the trampoline is in the ground. When my parents first did this a few years ago I wasn't too fond of the idea. But now that I have little kids I think its great! I don't worry about them being on the tramp and falling off!! We did get pictures of everyone together, I'll have to post that later when I get it. It's weekends like these that bring the saying "Families Are Forever" to life!

7 comments:
Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by family. I know that whenever we are together with our families it really puts things into perspective about being an eternal family. It looks like Aige and Evelyn had a great time playing with their cousins. I'm glad you guys had a good time.
There is definitely not anything as cool as going back home and being there with the whole family. It's the best.
Sounds like fun! It's good to get the whole(almost) family together when you can. Although it's a lot better when your kid isnt sick-like Kade was on our last trip!
I bet it was good to see your family, and much needed! How are house plans moving along?
I am so glad you got to see a lot of your family! Rexburg looks so green in the background! Isn't it fun to watch your kids with cousins?
Looks like fun! It is always nice when the family can get together!
I hope that one of these trips up to this area will include lunch with me! Look like you guys had a lot of fun, but that is a lot of people. Not a terrible thing, but I can only be around that many people, in my space, for so long before I go stir crazy. Anway, hope all is going well.
Post a Comment