Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Special Day...In Our History...

Wow! What a week this has been! In one sentence, I feel like we just went through the refiner's fire with our lender and loan. I almost think that if we hadn't been in a contract with the house we may have given up the whole thing. Monday we were faced with some tough decisions (an understatement, really) and then Tuesday felt like I'd lived through a disaster (another understatement). I spent all day on the phone, getting 2 or 3 calls coming in during other calls, and sending and receiving faxes with like 70 pages. Literally, all day. Non-stop. We ended up changing our lender (nice, 2 days before closing), but I really have to say that the people at First Horizon, who we ended up going through, were awesome!!! They had all our information, documents, everything, even the underwriting done in less than two days (someday, you will all really grasp on to what this means). Plus, they ended up saving us a huge chunk of money, and lowering our monthly payments a ton!! I really couldn't praise them enough. Then today......we closed on the house!! And we've got the keys! So it's now crunch time as we (and I really mean, mostly Lane) are scraping off the old popcorn style ceiling, re-texturing the ceiling, pulling out the old carpet, and painting the entire house, all by Tuesday so some guy can come in and lay the new carpet.
Lane and I have had so many little (and big) road blocks as we gone through this process of buying a house. But it is so obvious to me that those obstacles were placed there so that we'd end up with this house and that the financing would be right. The whole time I've thought, "the Lord has guided us in major changes in the past, why would this one be any different"? If I could only list all the things that changed in the last week to our benifit. So, we are officially home owners!! And, I finally have been feeling the excitement of it!

10 comments:

Panda said...

congrats!! glad your story had a happy ending.

Romney Family said...

How great to be a homeowner. Sorry that you guys had to go through so much to get there but happy painting and decorating!!

Linford Family said...

Sounds like a very hard journey-buying a house-but thankfully it turned out good for you guys!

Summer said...

I bet you guys are so excited! The rewards will be super sweet after going through such a hard process! Congrats!

Swensen Family said...

I think that is so exciting...it is nice to have you guys going through this first (not that I would have wished all of the not so fun stuff on you) so that we can learn from your experiences. I am looking forward to seeing what the house looks like with all of the upgrades. So happy for you!! Can't wait to come over and have play dates and just let the boys run (nice to invite myself over huh!?)

Kara said...

liz good luck with everything and let me know how I can help. YOu will have to post a picture of the house and yard.

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Congrats! That is exciting. Good Luck with the painting and other work coming up. It will look great!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am so happy that things worked out. I remember when we were buying this house and we faced so many road blocks, I wanted to give up too, but we knew we were supposed to be in this house. Like you said, when it finally worked out, I wanted to kill myself but we were in such a better situation. Congratulations!

Renae said...

Well, first of all, sorry for never posting on your blog or emailing you! Ok, with that said and done...I'm way jealous that you're in a house:D I would LOVE a backyard, and an excuse to paint and get new carpet and all that jazz. We definitely want to see some pictures! We love you guys! Tell your family HI from us!

Michelle Hepworth said...

Liz! I am so excited for you get have gotten a house! That is really nice i bet! Hey do you ever hear from Brittany? I miss her! I loved your young womens story about getting pulled over! That happened to me once coming back from the sand doones! (I can't spell!) It was embarassing but he didn't give me a ticket! If it ever happens again you can take a driving class online that is cheaper than the actual ticket itself and it is really easy. I helped Lincoln do his! Oh and it don't go on your record! How nice is that! So next time do that!