What a weekend! So Lane left Friday night. A while later he knocks on our door. YEAH! His flight had been cancelled so he didn't leave until Saturday late morning. But then that afternoon I came down with a migraine so I wasn't able to really get us ready to leave for Rexburg. Sunday after church I was still feeling a bit ill but tried to get us ready really fast (agh! stressfull?!) I gave up. Decided that I'd try to leave first thing Monday morning. Oh, and that really bad storm that was coming wasn't so bad on Saturday and Sunday- hey, it cancelled Lane's flight to San Fransisco-but here everything was pretty good. Yeah right, until of course the second I step out the door to start the car this morning, it begins to snow. Just a little though. So I try to hurry and look up on the internet what is suppose to happen, call my mom to see what she knows and I watch the news. Within 30 minutes it was really snowing, something not seen very often here in Boise. I thought I'd tough it out and go anyway, freeway is usually better. I lasted about 10 miles before I decided that I needed to go with the undecided feeling about even going to Rexburg. Hence, here I sit in front of the computer, with what is now pretty decent weather.
Lane is safely in Australia. I keep figuring out what time it is over there. They are 18 hours ahead of us. So, right now it's 1:30 (Monday) in Idaho and 7:30 am - Tuesday - in Sydney. It does feel like he'll be coming home quicker though. He leaves on Friday, which is one day closer to him than me, (it'll be Thursday for me actually). Well I'll stop with all the confusing babble. My mom e-mailed me this link to a funny thing. Hope you all enjoy it!
http://www.frontiernet.net/~shelby304/specials/dontdowindows/nowindows.htm
Beyond Grateful to Kick Off Our Summer
6 years ago

4 comments:
Wow, Austraila! What exactly is he doing? Fun for him...sorry you didn't make it home.
Shoot Liz- what a bummer! You brave girl driving both kids by yourself :)! I wish we lived closer and then we could bust out a girls night with LOTS of CHOCOLATE and Chic Flics, nail polish and crafts....okay so we would probably just sleep!
Glad Lane is safe!
That was absolutely the funniest link in the world and I think I agree with everything. Tory and I drove home Monday night from Rexburg and the storm was terrible. Glad your all safe now.
Post a Comment