So I finally decided that we really needed to potty train aige. I don't like things that are too hard, call me lazy, whatever, but every time that we'd start it was just such a battle and I was always wondering if he was really ready (or more, was I ready?). So yesterday I told him that there weren't any more diapers for him. The ones we have are only for babies like Evelyn. So it was a pretty typical day, he did good, had a couple of accidents - actually, I really think he was trying his hardest to not go to the bathroom and then not being able to hold it would pee a little to relieve the pressure and then back to holding it. So today, a little of the same, but then as I am putting Evelyn down for a nap I here him say, "Mommy, there's poo in the little potty". Right, whatever, Aige. This kid thinks any brown crumb is poop. So I go into the bathroom and sure enough, there's poop!!! Yeah! I was in shock. Then, a few minutes later, without my prompting, he goes in and pees in the potty, too! I hope we're on a roll. Ah, the life of being a mom!
Beyond Grateful to Kick Off Our Summer
6 years ago

2 comments:
Way to go, Liz! I haven't potty-trained a boy yet but after two girls I understand what a committment you are making. :) I'm sure he'll be there before you know it.
Liz you don't know me but Lane does I'm his old FHE sister but I saw aige when he was a baby and he has grown so much!!! Tell Lane I said hello!
Post a Comment