Wednesday, September 10, 2008

911! Really?

One of Evelyn's favorite toys is the telephone. The ones that actually work, not the toy ones. There have been a few instances where she has actually called someone (I think from going through the caller i.d. or a speed dial number). I'm not always the quickest to jump up and take it from her, but I think I now will be a bit more careful as a few minutes ago we had a cop knock on our door (how many things can go through your head in a matter of seconds??)- actually I was totally confused when he asked if we had dialed 911. No, I hadn't, but then, I had just taken the phone from Evelyn just a couple of minutes before Mr. Policeman came to our unknown rescue. So now I feel a bit stupid, OK, a lot stupid, and also relieved because when Lane is out of town there are some nights when I can be pretty imaginative. I always sleep with the phone practically in my hands and I guess it is good to know that in case of some crazy incident where the only thing I might be able to do is dial 911, at least someone will come to make sure everything is all right. (And yes, I've actually wondered if they would come even when no one says anything). Well, so on with our day, but what are the chances that Evelyn would randomly be able to dial 911?

2 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

That's funny...I know that Evelyn has called me before...What girl doesn't love the phone?

Swensen Family said...

That is pretty funny, I bet that cop is used to things like that so don't sweat it!!