Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh, Lane....

Just a few pics for ya'll, this was Sunday evening.And tonight, Monday evening:

And as I was going through the pics to choose for the blog, I found this:apparently he was bored when I went home to check on kids and grab a few more things. He was suppose to be sleeping. Lane is pretty happy on his meds. (sadly, I learned before this accident that he is really fun to be around when he's really drugged up) He'll be wearing that brace for at least the next 6 weeks when ever he's doing anything but laying down. He's been up walking around and feeling great. I almost feel like I'm in a movie. Walking hand in hand through the halls of the hospital with him walking slowly, in a hospital gown and in his back brace. But because he's been feeling so good he been up a lot and we think he's over done himself. Tonight he wasn't feeling very good at all. He's had some changes made to his meds and is now feeling better. I think there is a good chance he could come home on Tuesday, at least that's been the talk of the nurses. I'm a little nervous about it, obviously as I am not a nurse, even with my increase of spinal knowledge and vocabulary (they gave me a couple pamphlets that were very interesting). And I'm nervous how things will go with the kids. But it will be nice to be back home and thankfully my mom is here and Lane's mom will be here in a couple of days. I know we've got such a huge support group. Everyone keeps asking what they can do to help. I hardly know, I only have been focusing on the hour that we're in and what we've got going on. We're so thankful for all of you!!!




6 comments:

Valerie said...

I am so glad everything is going to be okay. I was so shocked when I read your post, not to mention how you must have felt. You guys are in my prayers. It is good to keep connected and see you.
Luv you,

Valerie

Swensen Family said...

It was sad to see Lane not feeling well. He is not the type that likes to sit around and do nothing, but now has to take it easy and I know someone who wants to make sure he does, so that he can heal properly (Mckay)! Let us know when you get to come home!!

The Idaho Olsens said...

Oh Liz that picture of Lane is so funny...I guess you can really get bored at the hospital...let us know also when you get home...we are here to help in anyway you may need...we love you guys!!

Romney Family said...

I am so sorry about this whole incident but like you said you have guardian angels watching over you all. I sure hope Lane gets better fast. I am thinking of you all and praying for you!!

The Little's said...

Happy Healing, Lane! We're thinking of you! Oh...and Liz...you'll be fine! Being a Nurse is second nature to us moms!

Kimberly said...

We have been praying for you guys since we found out. It's good to see Lane with a smile on his face.