the bare before...




Obviously, we've been doing a major face lift on the kitchen! I had planned on not showing any pics until we were done, but I needed a break from this project. These were all taken a few weeks ago. We'd gone into Lowe's to buy new appliances- oven, dishwasher, and an over the range microwave, and we left with those plus new counters and a new sink and a new faucet!! Can I just say, how
awesome Lane is!!! He did some electrical work so we could have the microwave over the oven (which as you can see there is not a whole lot of counter space and has been so nice to have). He has installed everything, rebuilt a cabinet, and even took care of the mice bones that were between the wall and the old counter top (
I actually did try to vacuum them up, but, it didn't work, and I then continued my freaking out). We are now painting cabinets, which has been by far the worst part of all of this. There is so much stinking prep work that buy the time we get to the primer I'm ready to go and just spend $7, 000 on new cabinets! Ok, not really, maybe if I just had that much laying around. So that is where we sit right now, we've primed half the kitchen. And, amongst all the mess and mayhem from the kitchen, is when I decided to do two system recoveries on my computer, and ended putting in new hard drive. No stay at home mom should loose both kitchen and computer at the same time! Well, at least the kitchen is looking hopeful, I definitely will have more pics to post, and it seems my computer is running better, now if I could find some missing software cd's then I'd be set! Oh, and I want to go to Rexburg to see my new little niece, Isabelle, who was born on Friday, and maybe my little sis who has now joined the world of motherhood. Ah! Do you ever feel like there is just too many things to do?
5 comments:
That is so exciting that you are getting a new kitchen! Tell Debbie congrats for me. By the way, I now have a blog valerieandtravis.blogspot.com and we are coming to ID in the end of July for 3 weeks so hopefully we can get together.
I know how you feel...Mckay and I kept telling each other that as soon as we moved into our new house things we slow down. Well we moved a while ago and life just seems to keep busy. Now we have projects for the house as well, which is fun but takes up a lot of time. I look forward to nice weather and having lots of BBQs and such with you guys as soon as I get my hubby back!! We will all have to help each other with our BIG projects!! I look forward to seeing your end product!
i hate prepping. can't wait to see the finished product!
Hey! Sorry it's been so much work, but I am so excited to see the final product...it looks good so far!
I ALWAYS feel like there's too much to do! If I didn't have to eat, sleep and use the potty, I would have WAY more time to do important things! Your kitchen looks great...isn't remodeling fun?! (there's a little sarcasm in that question....)
Post a Comment